Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Easter Greetings

>> Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Hi Everyone,

The Easter time crunch is upon me.  I've been hard at work hunting new side dish recipes, ironing my table cloths and napkins, and making place cards and favors for my table. It's left me scrambling in the card making department, so I chose not to over think my designs. For me, keeping things simple means keeping things from being ugly...I'm speaking purely for myself.  When I'm desperate and feeling bereft of creativity, that's when things go horribly wrong.  So I stuck with my tried and true layout. 

One of the newest sentiment stamps was just released here at DRS Designs, Deco Easter Greetings.  It's a classic design, so I die cut that and paired it up with a bunny die cut that I embellished with some white ink. For ease, I dry embossed a portion of my background, adding some flowers from the Four Flower Background, that matched the above flowers. I colored those in using my Copic markers and added some lace.


I once again used and embossed background for my second card but this time I stamped the Lily Cross Easter Blessings greeting onto a photo frame.  I colored that up and stamped, fussy cut and colored the Big Bunny Face which I attached inside.


Before attaching the frame to the card, I added a strip of green that was stamped using the Jelly Bean Jumble Background.  

Happy Spring!
Karin

5 comments:

Sue said...

2 cute cards Karin! Both with awesome backgrounds too!! Love the photo frame look and all the happy pink!

Robin Clendenning said...

I love your bunny cards!! So so cute!! I especially love the big face bunny with the pink bg!

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, these are tooooo cute! Love the embossing, darling images, great colors and great sketches. I can't decide which I like better, but that great framing on the second card is hard to beat. Fun stuff!!! Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are adorable, Karin! Love both of your bunnies..the colors are perfect on both & the embossed bgs add so much character. Your first one looks like the 2 bunnies that are always in our yard.

Shelia said...

What cute cards, Karin! I love that die cut bunny on the first one & the frame on the second card is awesome!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP