Blog Widget by LinkWithin

If it ain't got that swing...

>> Thursday, June 22, 2017

Welcome!!

What is it about plaid and golfing??  Whenever I start thinking about making any kind of golfer card I usually start by pulling out a plaid stamp.

I started my card this week with a green and blue plaid on bright lime card stock using our Woven Plaid stamp (it's hard to tell here, but in real life you can see the different colors)


For my golf scene I started by masking my card slightly above center and sponging on turquoise ink, using the edge of a ripped paper towel for the clouds.  Next I reversed the mask and sponged on 3 different green inks and then stamped out Easy Grass Background on top using the medium green ink.  I stamped our Silhouette Golfer on top using a well inked black pad and our new Ain't Got that Swing using turquoise ink.  The golf ball on the tee was taken from our small Golf Stamp which I stamped on scrap and colored and cut out.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Sue

6 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Love that sentiment with the golfer!! Too cool! Love the plaid!! (I love plaid, have I ever told you? LOL!) very cute card!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Perfect, Sue! Plaid always goes w/ golf images..must be the Scottish tartan thing, since golf was invented in Scotland. Great colors & your plaids always look terrific.

nwilliams6 said...

Sue, that grass looks real! Wow. I so want to try that. Makes the perfect grounding for the golfer. Super well done card. Hugz

Janett said...

Wow Sue that grass is amazing I thought it was printed paper. Beautiful card.

Shelia said...

Wow, Sue, that grass looks amazingly real! It's perfect for your golfer.

Karin said...

Wow! That stamped grass looks so real and I love the plaid background too! Awesome golfing card!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP